Montag, Juni 21, 2004

I'm just not cool anymore

I've been thinking about what's considered 'cool' now and I just don't think I am there yet.
Everyone seems to be catching on to the new thing but me.
Depression, self loathing and suicide are just so 'in' now, how can I compete with that?!?
Even our good friend Britney has caught on. I'd imagine that if I had a cult following consisting of mainly impressionable teenage girls I would agree to a video clip depicting sucide as a glamorous way to go.

I have been wondering how cool I really am...
The cool check list:

  • My favourite bands include Evanescence and Nirvana (Nirvana never used to be cool because the lead singer was dead but death is pretty 'in' now)
  • I've recently taken up guitar (guitar allows me to express my depression in song)
  • I'm in a band, we cover Nirvana and that White stripes song
  • I bitch about pop music and how shallow it is
  • I dress in black (black mini skirts are especially cool because people can see your awesome black boots that just scream "I'm angry at the world!")
  • I'm considering a tattoo and one or two facial piercings, I'm just waiting until I turn 18 or at least old enough to look 18 (Or I'm just waiting until I am 21 so my parents can't ground me).
  • Drugs are like the coolest thing ever!
  • Skateboards are like the coolest thing ever!
  • Dredlocks are like the coolest thing ever!
  • I'm thought about death two or three times and have decided that suicide is the way to go!

Why can't kids just blow up cabbages like the kids in my day?

I dunno.... maybe I'm getting old.

(I'm not saying that Nirvana is bad, I'm just saying that everyone has suddenly fallen in love with them)
Josh, I think you missed the entire piont of this post.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Crug said...

Hehe noice i like the whle thing about the brazzilian giraffe babies, nice touch.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home